Here at Solaroidenergy, we only offer you the best quality antique vintage diamond rings deals since we aim to provide you with the most spectacular and exquisite engagement rings you’ve ever seen. With great unique features, it is available in different styles and designs, such as antique diamond rings 1920s, antique rings, and vintage rings for sale.
Often anything 20 years or older can be classified as vintage but at Erstwhile we refer to vintage rings as rings that were made between 1919 and 1950.Explore our collection of Antique Engagement Rings, Estate Engagement Rings, Art Deco Engagement Rings and Edwardian Engagement Rings.
Newest Lowest Highest
ART DECO 3.07 CARAT DIAMOND AND CALIBRE SAPPHIRE RING – GIA H VS2$78,000.0010-1-14021 ART DECO 1.64 CARAT DIAMOND AND SAPPHIRE ENGAGEMENT RING – GIA K SI1$14,500.0010-1-13803 ART DECO GEOMETRIC DIAMOND AND CALIBRE SAPPHIRE RING$3,850.0010-1-11514 ART DECO STYLE DIAMOND AND CALIBRE SAPPHIRE RING$4,750.0010-1-13310 LANG COLLECTION 1.22 CARAT DIAMOND ENGAGEMENT RING – GIA J VS2$9,750.0010-1-13835 ESTATE 2.22 CARAT NATURAL BROWN DIAMOND HALO RING – GIA$5,850.0010-1-13677 ESTATE PAVE DIAMOND BAND RING$1,950.0010-1-13229 ESTATE DIAMOND GEOMETRIC BOW RING$11,750.0010-1-13559 ART DECO .94 CARAT DIAMOND ENGAGEMENT RING – GIA H SI1$7,250.0010-1-13389 ART DECO .65 CARAT DIAMOND ENGAGEMENT RING$4,950.0010-1-13544 ART DECO 1.52 CARAT DIAMOND ENGAGEMENT RING – GIA I SI1$17,750.0010-1-14018 ART DECO 1.10 CARAT ASSCHER-CUT DIAMOND ENGAGEMENT RING – GIA D VS1$12,750.0010-1-13920 ART DECO STYLE 3.41 CARAT EUROPEAN-CUT DIAMOND RING – GIA L VS2$39,750.0010-1-13934 VAN CRAEYNEST .88 CARAT DIAMOND ENGAGEMENT RING$6,950.0010-1-13730 ESTATE 1.61 CARAT OVAL NATURAL FANCY LIGHT YELLOW DIAMOND RING – GIA$7,750.0010-1-13780 ART DECO 2.11 CARAT DIAMOND ENGAGEMENT RING BY J & H FLYER – GIA I VS1$35,750.0010-1-14016 EARLY-ART DECO THREE-STONE DIAMOND RING$2,175.0010-1-13610 ART DECO .65 CARAT DIAMOND ENGAGEMENT RING$3,950.0010-1-13250 ART DECO .35 CARAT DIAMOND ENGAGEMENT RING$2,875.0010-1-13299 LANG COLLECTION 1.88 CARAT ANTIQUE PEAR SHAPE DIAMOND SOLITAIRE – GIA H VS2$19,750.0010-1-13975 ART DECO 2.45 CARAT DIAMOND TWO-TONE GYPSY RING – GIA$13,750.0010-1-13716 MID-CENTURY .34 CARAT EMERALD-CUT DIAMOND WEDDING SET$1,450.0010-1-13520 DIAMOND BALL RING$4,750.0010-1-13673 ART DECO 1.30 CARAT DIAMOND ENGAGEMENT RING – GIA E SI1$14,750.0010-8-13378 ART DECO STYLE 1.29 CARAT DIAMOND AND SAPPHIRE ENGAGEMENT RING – GIA D VS2$17,750.0010-1-13614 LATE ART DECO DIAMOND RING BY CARROLL’S$2,950.0010-1-13586 1.16 CARAT CUSHION-CUT DIAMOND ENGAGEMENT RING – GIA K VVS2$7,750.0010-1-13812 RETRO DIAMOND CLUSTER RING$2,950.0010-1-13407 EDWARDIAN PETITE MOI ET TOI DIAMOND RING$2,875.0010-1-13576 ART DECO 1.10 CARAT DIAMOND ENGAGEMENT RING – GIA K VS2$7,950.0010-1-13776 EDWARDIAN 1.70 CARAT ROSE-CUT DIAMOND ENGAGEMENT RING – GIA$7,650.0010-8-13384 ART DECO .63 CARAT CENTER DIAMOND HALO RING – GIA I SI1$5,250.0010-1-13509 EDWARDIAN/ART DECO 4.05 CARAT DIAMOND ENGAGEMENT RING BY ROBERT KLITZ – GIA I I2$37,500.0010-8-13376 ART DECO .55 CARAT DIAMOND AND SYNTHETIC SAPPHIRE ENGAGEMENT RING$2,950.0010-1-10884 ART DECO 2.17 CARAT SQUARE EMERALD-CUT DIAMOND RING – GIA E VS 1$42,000.0010-1-13998 ANTIQUE STYLE 1.04 CT CUSHION CUT DIAMOND PLATINUM RING GIA F-VS 2$10,950.0010-1-13507 VINTAGE STYLE 1.45 CARAT OLD MINE-CUT DIAMOND AND CALIBRE SAPPHIRE RING$10,950.0010-1-13560 ART DECO STYLE DIAMOND AND CALIBRE RUBY RING$4,750.0010-1-13552 LATE-VICTORIAN .78 CARAT DIAMOND ENGAGEMENT RING$4,750.0010-1-13568 ESTATE 1.51 CARAT MARQUISE DIAMOND RING$7,750.0010-1-13756 PAVÉ DIAMOND CIRCLE RING$2,950.0010-1-13646 ART DECO .88 CARAT DIAMOND ENGAGEMENT RING$4,750.0010-8-13431 LATE-ART DECO DIAMOND BAND RING$1,450.0010-1-13545 ESTATE 1.14 CARAT DIAMOND WEDDING SET – GIA G SI2$9,750.0010-1-13659 BAGUETTE DIAMOND PLATINUM RIBBON RING$1,950.0010-1-13697 1.17 CARAT NATURAL ORANGY-BROWN DIAMOND RING – GIA$3,450.0010-1-13639 GEOMETRIC BAGUETTE DIAMOND RING$2,450.0010-1-13695 EDWARDIAN 1.08 CARAT DIAMOND ENGAGEMENT RING – GIA K I1$6,950.0010-1-13815
- + Wishlist1930’s Antique Cushion Cut Diamond Engagement Ring Platinum 1.55ct G/VS2 GIA$19,000
- + WishlistVintage 4 Carat Marquise Diamond Engagement Ring 4.32ct K/VS1 GIA$57,500
- + Wishlist3 Carat Square Emerald Cut Diamond Vintage Engagement Ring 3.03ct K/SI1 GIA$28,800
- + WishlistArt Deco Diamond Engagement Ring Emerald Cut w/ Blue Accents 1.54ct G/VVS2 GIA$23,700
- + WishlistSOLDAntique 1920’s Diamond Ring w/ Sapphires Low Profile 1.07ct I/VS1 GIAThis Item Has Been Sold
- + WishlistTransitional Cut Diamond Vintage Engagement Ring 1.34ct F/SI1 GIA$16,500
- + WishlistBeautiful Vintage Diamond Engagement Ring w/ Baguettes .96ct I/VVS2 GIA$9,600
- + WishlistVintage Engagement Ring Fishtail Head Old Euro Diamond .63ct J/SI1 GIA$4,200
- + WishlistAmazing 1920s Antique Diamond Solitaire Engagement Ring 14K Yellow Gold 1.71ct J/VS2 GIA$17,500
- + WishlistVictorian Yellow Gold Solitaire Engagement Ring Old Mine Cut .99ct N/SI2$5,150
- + Wishlist1920s Antique Bezel Set Diamond Solitaire Engagement Ring Yellow Gold 2.05ct K/SI2 GIA$19,500
- + WishlistOld European Cut Diamond Halo Engagement Ring .94ct I/SI2$9,300
- + WishlistStunning Old European Cut Diamond Solitaire Engagement Ring Platinum 3.35ct N/VS2 GIA$29,900
- + WishlistLovely 1940s Vintage Diamond Engagement Ring 14K Yellow Gold .48ct I/SI2$2,500
- + WishlistAmazing 1940s Tiffany & Co Diamond Engagement Ring Platinum 2.23ct I/VVS2 GIA$42,500
- + Wishlist1.5 Carat Transitional Cut Diamond 1920’s Engagement Ring 1.59ct O-P/VS1 GIA$12,500
- + WishlistArt Deco Old Euro Cut Diamond Filigree Engagement Ring 1.03ct G/I1$7,700
- + WishlistVictorian Old Mine Cut Diamond Engagement Ring 1.39ct S-T/VS2 GIA$11,100
- + Wishlist1 Carat Diamond Victorian Engagement Ring Old Euro 1.19ct K/SI1 GIA$9,920
- + WishlistVintage Engagement Ring Certified Diamond .82ct E/VS1 GIA$8,400
- + WishlistFloral Design Diamond & Blue Sapphire Engagement Ring 14K$1,700
- + WishlistDiamond Cluster Halo White Gold Engagement Ring$2,150
- + WishlistGeorgian Era Oval Rose Cut Diamond Ring 22K Yellow Gold Engraved$9,700
- + WishlistDiamond Cluster Yellow Gold Cocktail Ring$1,490
- + WishlistTiered Three Row Diamond Cluster Ring 14K White Gold$3,600
- + WishlistVintage Diamond Spray Ring 14K White Gold$4,000
- + WishlistThree Stone Diamond Engagement Ring 18K White Gold$4,500
- + WishlistDiamond Engagement Ring w/ Accents 14K Two Tone Gold .70ct G/SI1$4,850
- + WishlistVintage Diamond Engagement Ring w/ Accents .23ct F/I1$1,250
- + WishlistVintage Diamond Engagement Ring 14K Two Tone Gold .16ct E/SI1$1,200
Whether you love geometric Art Deco designs or floral halos, vintage engagement rings offer a stunning sense of style.
Actual antique diamond rings — those 50 years or older — are increasingly rare, especially high-quality ones. Still, there are beautiful antique rings that are sold through vintage jewelry shops and estate sales, and ones handed down as family heirlooms.
Some choose to buy antique engagement rings because they like the style, the story, or because it’s environmentally-friendly. But in general, we recommend a vintage engagement ring from a trustworthy dealer instead of a true antique. It’s often difficult to verify the quality of an antique, and there are trustworthy vendors who carry vintage rings that are made to last.
The good news: you can achieve the same vintage look without the concerns of an actual antique. Vintage engagement rings range in style, shape, and precious metal. Many antique engagement rings feature beautiful, ornate details such as filigree and milgrain. From regal rose gold halos like this one from James Allen to two-tone scalloped rings like here from Blue Nile, there’s a wide selection of timeless styles to choose from.
The best retailers for vintage engagement rings are James Allen and Blue Nile. They are the top two vendors with a track record of high-quality vintage rings. For actual antiques, we recommend Abe Mor because they have a high standard for recycled jewelry, and offer a personalized experience.
Learn more about the best places to buy vintage engagement rings and what to look for.
BEST PLACES TO BUY VINTAGE (ANTIQUE) ENGAGEMENT RINGS ONLINE
- Blue Nile – Along with James Allen, Blue Nile is the best out there for antique engagement rings.
- James Allen – Along with Blue Nile, they are the best place to buy vintage engagement rings online.
- Abe Mor – Great option for true antique engagement rings.
- Leibish & Co. – Best antique engagement rings featuring fancy color diamonds or colored gemstones.
- Antique Jewelry Stores, Estate Sales, & Family Heirlooms – Antique shops in your area may present a beautiful array of true antique options (see our tips below for how to shop for an antique engagement ring).
Let’s go into more detail, starting from the top:
1. Blue Nile
Blue Nile carries a large inventory of high-quality diamonds and antique engagement ring settings. Blue Nile is especially known for their strong partnerships with jewelry manufacturers, designers, and diamond suppliers.
With low overhead costs, Blue Nile can keep their prices competitive without sacrificing on the quality of their rings. You can view any ring up-close before purchase, thanks to the high-tech imagery available on their website.
WHY BLUE NILE
- Expansive collection of antique engagement rings
- Well-cut diamonds that offer brilliance and fire
- Competitive pricing and free shipping
- Hassle-free returns and 30-day money back guarantee
- Excellent customer service
BLUE NILE’S BEST VINTAGE & ANTIQUE RINGS COLLECTION
Blue Nile’s best vintage engagement rings are beautifully crafted with hand-engraved details and pavé accent diamond bands. Their collection ranges from simple styles to intricate designs. All rings can be paired with the diamond of your choice for an exquisite finished product.
Samples of Blue Nile’s best vintage engagement rings:
2. James Allen
Wondering where to buy vintage engagement rings at a competitive price? James Allen carries a large inventory of antique engagement rings and high-quality diamonds. You can choose from yellow gold, rose gold, white gold, and platinum antique style rings. Their diamond imagery is the best in the business and allows you to review each diamond up close to ensure it’s the one you want.
Not only that, James Allen is known for their great customer service. Whether you have questions or need to make a return, James Allen makes it simple and hassle-free.
WHY JAMES ALLEN
- Selection of 150,000+ natural diamonds
- Competitive pricing, free shipping, and hassle-free returns
- Best-in-class videography to review each diamond
- Beautiful antique settings in a range of precious metals and styles
- First-rate customer service
JAMES ALLEN’S BEST VINTAGE & ANTIQUE RINGS COLLECTION
James Allen’s best vintage engagement rings include halos, filigree details, floral designs and more. Select the ring style you like best, then pair it with the exact diamond of your choice.
Samples of James Allen’s best antique engagement rings:
3. Abe Mor
Abe Mor specializes in buying and selling diamond rings, making them the premier option for true antique engagement rings. Not only that, they give customers a personalized, high-end experience. Many of our readers have been very pleased with the antique engagement rings they bought from Abe Mor.
WHY ABE MOR
- True vintage engagement rings of the highest quality
- Exceptional, custom shopping experience
- Selection of unique antique rings you won’t find anywhere else
ABE MOR’S BEST VINTAGE & ANTIQUE RINGS COLLECTION
If you’re looking for the best place to buy vintage engagement rings with colored gemstones or fancy color diamonds, Leibish is the number one choice. They offer a stunning array of gemstones and fancy color diamonds, including pink and green stones. With a fancy diamond from Leibish, you’re getting something few places in the world can offer.
Besides the beautifully colored stones, Leibish offers state-of-the-art antique settings that highlight the colored stone. Their antique engagement rings range from halos to floral designs.
WHY LEIBISH & CO.
- Best selection of colored gemstones and rare fancy color diamonds
- Stunning antique jewelry designs to accentuate the colored stone
- Manufacturer warranty and 30-day money back guarantee
LEIBISH & CO.’S BEST VINTAGE & ANTIQUE RINGS COLLECTION
5. Antique Jewelry Stores, Estate Sales, & Family Heirlooms
Wondering where to buy vintage engagement rings that are at least a few decades old? Consider antique stores, vintage jewelry shops, and estate sales. These vendors often buy and resell engagement rings, and have a limited selection available for shoppers.
Because it’s difficult to assess a vintage ring, we suggest these options with some caution. You want to ensure that what you’re paying for is worth the price and has the quality you want. We recommend readers reach out to us for a second opinion prior to purchasing anything from a local antique store.
WHY ANTIQUE JEWELRY STORES, ESTATE SALES, & FAMILY HEIRLOOMS
- Rings may come with a meaningful story, such as a grandmother’s engagement ring or one passed down from a special community member
- Ability to shop in-person for antique rings
- Selection of true vintage rings
- Gives you the chance to support a local jewelry shop or family member
ANTIQUE JEWELRY STORES, ESTATE SALES, & FAMILY HEIRLOOMS BEST VINTAGE & ANTIQUE RINGS COLLECTION
Because each store, estate sale, and family differs in their collection, it’s best to visit in-person to see what is available. We suggest getting a second opinion from a jewelry expert and getting a diamond appraisal on a vintage diamond to help you determine its value, worth, rarity, and condition.
EXPERT TIPS FOR BUYING VINTAGE DIAMONDS
When you buy antique engagement rings, keep these points in mind to ensure you choose a high-quality diamond and ring setting.
1. Get an idea of your unique style
Check out some antique engagement ring styles to see what appeals to you or your partner the most. Do you like round cut diamonds or oval cuts? Do you like white gold or yellow gold? Do you want an intricate ring or one that’s more simple?
Deciding your style early will help you stay focused during your search, and ensure you’re spending your budget on what matters the most.
2. Find the right vendor
When it comes to buying antique engagement rings, it’s incredibly important to choose a vendor you can trust. You want to ensure that the diamond is well-cut and that setting is well-crafted.
Through years of vetting, we’ve learned which diamond dealers are reliable, well-priced, and offer excellent quality. Above all, we’ve found Blue Nile and James Allen to be the best sites for buying vintage engagement rings online. From oval halo rings to white gold filigree rings, you can find gorgeous designs that are also durable and long-lasting.
3. Look for brilliance
A diamond’s level of brilliance impacts its beauty and appeal more than any other feature. That’s why you should only consider diamonds with an Excellent or Ideal cut grade. Even with these grades, you’ll want to look at the diamond yourself to see how much brilliance — or white light reflection — it gives off.
If you’re opting for a true antique without a certificate to verify the diamond’s cut grade, it’s best to review the diamond in-person to see how well it reflects light under normal lighting.
No matter where you purchase your ring, we recommend getting an expert’s opinion before you buy — not just accepting what the salesman or shop owner tells you.
5. Watch for clarity
When you purchase a diamond, it should be eye-clean — meaning there aren’t any noticeable blemishes and inclusions when you look at the stone.
For online purchases, view the diamond’s images from all angles. Look for imperfections like black spots and feather marks. Depending on the carat weight and diamond shape, most diamonds are eye-clean in the range of VS1-VS2. Opting for these clarity grades will still get you an eye-clean diamond, but you’ll pay far less than diamonds with higher clarity grades.
For true antique diamonds, you’ll want to closely review the diamond to ensure there aren’t any glaring imperfections. A black spot in the middle of the diamond’s table can detract from its beauty, no matter how stunning the antique ring is.
6. Evaluate color
Your diamond should look white in relation to its setting. In most cases, we recommend a diamond in the G-I range. These diamonds appear colorless without having to pay for a higher color grade like D or E. If your metal color is rose gold or yellow gold, you can go with a lower color grade such as a K or J color diamond. The diamond will look white against the darker metal.
7. Ensure the setting’s durability and structure
Your ring setting should offer the style you want. But it should also securely hold your diamond. With true antique settings, you’ll want to investigate it fully to ensure that the diamond is secure and that the metal has maintained its durability and function. Without proof of the materials used and who made the ring, it’s difficult to know the setting quality.
For a new ring that is fashioned in an antique style, you won’t have to worry about durability or security.
8. Consider certificate
Actual antique rings rarely come with a certificate from the GIA or AGS, making it hard to get real validation about the diamond’s quality. The seller might promise that it’s an Ideal Cut with an H Color and VS1 Clarity, but they don’t have a sure way to prove it. If you’re on the lookout for an antique ring, be sure to get a second opinion before buying a diamond you have little verification on.
For new diamonds in vintage rings, look for a diamond with a certificate from the GIA or AGS. These are the two most reliable lab entities and help verify your diamond’s value and quality.
10 BEST VINTAGE & ANTIQUE ENGAGEMENT RINGS (OUR PICKS)
VINTAGE AND ANTIQUE ENGAGEMENT RING FAQS
Here are jewelry expert answers to the most common questions about buying vintage and antique engagement rings.
1. Is it OK to buy a used engagement ring?
Yes, buying a used engagement ring is a unique and environmentally-friendly choice, but there are some things to be aware of. You want to be sure you’re getting a high-quality diamond and a setting that will hold up to everyday wear. Because used engagement rings rarely come with a certificate, it’s hard to verify the diamond’s quality. It can also be hard to determine how stable the ring setting is. That’s why we recommend getting a second opinion from an expert before purchasing a used ring, or going with a newly crafted vintage style ring from a reliable vendor like James Allen or Blue Nile.
2. Are vintage rings more expensive?
Vintage rings aren’t more or less expensive than other engagement rings, and can range from $900 to $20,000. If the ring features intricate details or is crafted by a particular designer, it may be more expensive than other vintage rings that are simpler. Your diamond’s quality and carat weight also plays a role in the price of the ring.
3. Should I buy a vintage engagement ring?
You should buy a true vintage engagement ring if you appreciate the style, want an environmentally-friendly choice, and are up for maintaining an older ring. Antique rings require regular cleaning and maintenance checks to ensure the diamond stays secure. If you want a vintage engagement ring that’s not a true antique, there are plenty of options at online vendors like Blue Nile and James Allen.
Ultimately, the style of the ring is up to you and what you want, whether it’s vintage or modern. Above all, your ring should symbolize your love and be something you’ll enjoy wearing for years to come.