As always, showcases best manual sewing machine in Nigeria, types of manual sewing machine and last but not least manual sewing machine price in Nigeria. It can be daunting searching the internet for the latest information on sewing but we’ve made life easier for you by compiling and showcasing a range of equipment for you to choose from quickly and easily.
Additionally, you can also find on manual sewing machine with table price, best manual sewing machine in India and manual sewing machine with foot pedal. These are updated regularly so make sure to always check back regularly and share these with friends and family looking for this type of information.
We are discussing the best manual sewing machine. Sewing Machine is not just a necessity but it is also useful for the people who engage in sewing and stitching as a hobby. These machines are easy to use and traditionally, people had been using hand-operated straight stitch sewing machines. All these things add on to the familiarity with the product and people find it even more engaging. This is also true for a straight stitch sewing machine.
The good part about these machines is that they function without electricity and they just need some mechanical work to sew the clothes. Overall, you do not face any issue, and maintaining these hand-operated machines is also very easy. If you need a manual embroidery sewing machine, you can find that in our article.
Table of Contents [show]
Best Manual Straight Stitch Sewing Machine
SALEBESTSELLER NO. 1Usha Bandhan Straight Stitch Composite Sewing…Buy on AmazonSALEBESTSELLER NO. 2Singer Popular Straight Stitch Hand Sewing Machine…Buy on Amazon
Best Buy Manual Sewing Machines in India
Here is the list of the best available hand-operated sewing machines in India that you can easily purchase from the market.
Usha had always been one of the most preferred brands when it comes to hand-operated sewing machines. The product manufactured by the company is not just reliable but they are also very durable as well. This is one such straight stitch sewing machine offered by Usha and this machine comes with the base.
Getting into the details, the machine has a closed type shuttle race which makes it easy to maintain the machine. In addition to this, this product is also ISI marked so you do not have to worry about the quality of the product. Manual sewing machine price in India is very low and affordable.
Just like other traditional sewing machines, this sewing machine also has a traditional screw-type presser adjustment which helps in adjusting the presser foot while the fabric is placed under it. Overall, this is one of the best-selling machines that you will find in the market.Show more
- Comes with a lever-type switch along with an auto tripping bobbin winder assembly.
- The package includes a sewing machine, a plastic base along with the plastic cover and other accessories which comes with sewing machines
- Comes with a case and hence it is very easy to maintain and transport the sewing machine
- The brand offers a 1 year warranty on the product
- Durable and long lasting sewing machine which comes with quality assurance as well.
- Can easily be attached to the motor and foot pedal.
- The handle lever is tight and it takes some usage to work smoothly
This is the second product from Usha on our list. The product comes with the brand value of Usha and hence it can be easily trusted with your work. Apart from all the regular features, this machine also has a Lever type Stitch Regulator which enables you to stitch in forward as well as reverse direction.
The machine is really heavy duty and this is one thing that makes the machine really durable. Overall, the machine functions as per the intended usage without creating an issue for the buyer. The stitching is made very easy because of the high quality parts used.
It should be noted that you can easily attach this machine to table stand or you can even go ahead and attach a motor to this machine. It is a perfect piece of equipment for the tailors and other such workshops.Show more
- Comes with reverse and forward stitching mechanism which adds to the utility.
- Can be attached to the bench or to the motor and foot pedal assembly
- Easy to use without any experience as well
- Sturdy machine
- Offers a lot of flexibility during the use
- The base is not very stable and it needs certain improvement
On number 3, we have a machine from Singer which is a professional quality straight stitch sewing machine. The machine comes with the traditional look and it also comes with a base assembly. You can choose between the two models available from this brand. This is one of the best manual singer sewing machine price.
One of the models available is solo and the other one is Tailor Delux which is the premium selling model. There is no question about the durability as it can last ages with no or minimal maintenance. You just need to ensure that you lubricate the moving parts on a regular interval and you will get a promise of durability.
The machine comes with a special needle which makes it easy to stitch on thick fabric like denim. The needle is strong and it doesn’t break. The traditional look makes the machine attractive and if you need something for your workshop then you can surely go ahead and purchase this machineShow more
- The machine comes with the plastic base but the machine can be installed on the table and it can also be attached to a motor assembly
- Comes with an additional needle which can be used on Denim and other such thick fabric
- A sturdy machine which offers optimal utility
- Comes with all the regular features and the machine is also easy to use.
- Slightly expensive when compared to the other machines available in the market
LUXMI is also a market leader when it comes to the straight stitch sewing machine. This machine is also durable but one thing that you should know before purchasing this machine is that it is only the top part. There is no base accompanied by this machine.
So, if you are purchasing this machine, ensure that you have the base or you have the table assembly for the machine. However, this is something that doesn’t stop the buyers from purchasing the machine because of the fact that this machine has a very high-quality build and it is very sturdy.
The manufacturer provides a 1-year warranty on the product which is applicable from the date of purchase. Apart from this, you can use the machine for commercial purposes as well as for home use. You get a hand attachment along with the machine but you can attach it to the pedal as well as to the motor as per your needs.Show more
- Hand attachment and machine only. No base included
- Comes with 1 year warranty
- Highly versatile and is very easy to use.
- Doesn’t need a lot of maintenance, just some regular oiling is required.
- Doesn’t comes with the base
On number 5, we have a machine from Pragat and this machine is also a straight stitch hand-operated machine. The manufacturer provides this machine without a base or cover so this machine is for the people who wish to use it with the tabletop. You would not be getting one with this machine.
There is also a stitch regulator feature on this machine that enables you to change the length of the stitch. Apart from this, you get a bobbin winder which makes it very quick to wind the bobbins for using the machine.
The manufacturer also provides a 1-year warranty on the product which is certainly required to protect yours from any type of manufacturing defect. Overall, the performance of the machine is satisfactory and you don’t face any issues. The good part is that the manufacturer provides several accessories along with a bottle of oil for lubrication.Show more
- In the box, apart from the sewing machine, you get a measuring tape, 2 screwdrivers, 3 bobbins, organ needle, oil for lubrication, threader and a cloth to clean the machine.
- The machine has a stitch regulator and it also comes with a pressure foot hinge.
- Comes with 1 year warranty
- Made for professionals and improves the efficiency
- Doesn’t come with a handle and it needs to be purchased extra
The final product on our list is Singer Tailor Master Sewing Machine. This is also just the head that comes without the base or without the handle. It can be used at home if you purchase the handle extra or if you already have it. You can easily attach it to the base and apart from that, the machine is also compatible with the electric motor assembly and electric or manual foot pedal. That’s the difference between manual vs electronic sewing machines.
The machine has a hinged type pressure foot and apart from that, you also get cam motion type thread for the take-up lever. Lastly, the machine uses an oscillation motion shuttle and there is also an option to stitch in forward or reverse direction which adds to the versatility. This is a manual sewing machine withstand.
The machine is good for commercial use and it is highly reliable. There is no such issue that you will encounter while using the machine since it is made of good quality material. In addition to this, the machine is also very affordable. Singer has been one of the oldest manufacturers in the country and it has been making sewing machines since 1955. This adds to the reliability factor.Show more
- Comes with reverse and forward stitching mechanism
- Only the machine No base or hand assembly included in the machine
- A sturdy machine which offers good usability and flexibility
- One of the most affordable machine in the market
- Doesn’t comes with handle or base.
Benefits of Hand Operated Manual Sewing Machine
This hand-operated sewing machine has a lot of advantages over the electric brother. Let us check out some of these below
- These machines are much more affordable than the electronic ones and they offer better utility and better
- They are easy to maintain and they are also easy to repair. You do not have to deal with a complex motherboard during the repair
- These machines are easy to use and they go on for long hours without needing a break. They are ideal machines for the workshops and tailors
- These machines do not require electricity so power shortage doesn’t impact your business at all.
Today, there are many brands which manufacture hand-operated sewing machine but the question is about the reliability.
To help you, we did the research part and we found the best hand-operated sewing machines for you available in the market. Let us move ahead and check out what is there in stores for us
Frequently Asked Questions
Even if you buy the best sewing machine for tailoring or if you pick one from the top 10 sewing machines in India, you are bound to face certain problems over time.
1) Why is the machine unable to pick the bobbin thread?
To fix the problem, first, you need to check if the winding spindle is in its correct place (pushed back in the left). After you make sure it is placed correctly, your next step should be checking how the needle is inserted. The correct position for the needle is when the flat side is facing back.
Once you fix the position of the needle, bobbin thread, and the spindle, draw the bobbin thread up. If this problem persists, your machine might be needing repair by a professional.
2) How can I stop my machine from skipping stitches frequently?
The primary reason causing this problem might be a bent needle. If the case is so, you can re-thread your machine at home itself. Just follow the instructions given in the manual that came with your machine. If you have lost your manual, you can visit the brand website and search for related queries.
For example, if you use a sewing machine by Usha, you can simply visit the Usha sewing machine website and type your question.
3) How to fix reverse sewing?
If your machine (mechanical) is sewing in reverse, you can check for the lever meant for the buttonhole which is not supposed to be down.
This problem can also occur in electronic models. How to fix it? Simply restart the machine by switching it off and then turning it on. The feed motor will start functioning as it is supposed to.
4) Is there any specific thread type to be used?
Manual sewing machine buy online aka household machines work with regular threads meant for all-purpose sewing. These threads are completely polyester. You can, however, go for cotton threads while quilting.
Maintaining the Hand Operated Sewing Machine
All the while we had been talking about the maintenance of sewing machine which can increase the life of machine so,in this section, we will share some of the tips that can help you. Here are these tips
- Always ensure that you remove the dust from the machine. It is very important to clean the machine at regular intervals. Dust accelerates the wear and tear of the machine. Make it a point to clean the machine after every 10 to 12 hour of use. You can use compressed air to clean the machine or a simple brush will do the job.
- You must keep the machine away from moisture as it can lead to rusting which will gain wreak havoc on your sewing machine.
- Replace the needles at regular interval of time and this will help you in getting the right tension while you are stitching the clothes.
- Lastly, keep the machine well lubricated. Only use machine oil for the purpose of lubrication. Ensure that you clean the part before lubricating and you must also take care to lubricate all the moving parts in the machine.
The Final Verdict
These are some of the best hand operated sewing machines available in India. The machines are highly durable and even the electric versions have certainly not succeeded in replacing these traditional machines. They can be used at home and they can be used for commercial purpose by tailors and workshops.
These hand operated machines are a perfect buy so what are you waiting for? Go ahead, check out the deals and get it delivered to your home.